Publications and Resources
There are many printed and online publications for news and innovations in the public transportation world. The resources available to transit professionals today evolve constantly thanks to the Internet. This is an incomplete listing of relevant transit news publications, magazines, and blogs which may be helpful to transit professionals. If you know of other resources which should be listed here, please contribute.
Most, if not all of these resources are available online, at least in part.
- APTA: Passenger Transport is a magazine produced at least monthly. It includes interviews with industry leaders, product reviews, conference previews, and legislative information.
- CTAA: Community Transportation is a magazine focused on rural and community transit operators. Recent topics include public-private partnerships and inclusive planning for community transportation.
- Mass Transit: Mass Transit is a trade publication covering profiles of agencies, professionals and management. Their online component includes a national news roundup.
- METRO: METRO magazine covers primarily intercity coach and charter operators as well as public transit.
- ACCESS: A publication of the University of California Transportation Center (UCTC) put forth twice a year. ACCESS covers academic research in the transportation field in an understandable way. ACCESS is available online.
- TCRP: The Transit Cooperative Research Program publishes numerous reports including research and syntheses of transit practices. Many of the articles on this wiki are based in large part on TCRP reports.
- The California Transit Association produces a monthly e-magazine, Transit California.
- Streetsblog is a blog devoted to livable streets and covers all manner of transportation related news from around the nation. There are also specific pages for Los Angeles and other major metropolitan areas.
- Human Transit is the blog of Jarrett Walker, author of a book by the same title. Walker's book provides a very clear insight into best practices for transit planning. His blog surveys related topics.