Welcome to the UCLA Transit Wiki.
We'll be developing this resource for California's transit agencies over the next few months. The goal of the tool is to facilitate the identification of cost-effective strategies that are appropriate to an agency, and connect agency staff with the additional information they need to explore and implement the strategy.
About the Alpha Version
This Alpha version is a draft version of a site that will be finalized in June. The draft version is incomplete, but is meant to sketch an example of the final resource so that Caltrans staff and other project stakeholders may provide feedback. Only the featured articles listed below have been completed to near-final versions. The remaining content on the site serves as placeholders.
The site has two navigation options: a hierarchical category tree and a web of links between articles
- Hierarchical browsing by category:
- Category:Capital planning and project delivery - cost-effective strategies for major investments
- Category:Operations planning - strategies to improve operating performance
- Category:Transit system management - managerial strategies affecting transit agencies, including fare restructuring and outsourcing.
- Category:Coordination - measures which require significant coordination with external agencies and actors
- Try web-style navigation by starting at one of the featured articles
- External resources
- Check out this Directory of transit agencies in California (from Transit Unlimited)
- Public Transport resources on Wikipedia
- Streetswiki for pedestrian & bike strategies.
Updates for Authors
- 6/12 - site transferred to transitwiki.org
- 4/5 - Spring quarter kick-off meeting at Lewis Center Conference Room - meeting invite via email
- 3/28 - Thank you for continuing to add and edit content
- 3/7 - Major work session
- 2/14 - Updated Help:Contents to improve guidance for adding or editing content, pages, and categories. Have a question? Ask it on Help talk:Contents.
- 2/13 - Before creating a new page or category, please expand and look at the site trees for Category:Internal strategies and Category:External strategies
- 2/9 - Please work on converting outline the to Wiki form.
- 2/9 - The site is based on the same system as Wikipedia. They have extensive tutorials on how to edit Wiki pages.