Jump to navigation Jump to search
Welcome to the UCLA Transit Wiki.
We'll be developing this resource for California's transit agencies over the next few months.
This tool will help facilitate the identification of cost-effective strategies that are appropriate to an agency, and connect agency staff with the additional information they need to explore and implement the strategy.
This work by UCLA Institute of Transportation Studies is funded by the Caltrans Division of Mass Transportation's Statewide Transit Strategic Plan project.
Getting started for Users
The site has two navigation options: a hierarchical category tree and a web of links between articles
- Hierarchical browsing by category:
- Category:Capital planning and project delivery - cost-effective strategies for major investments
- Category:Operations planning - strategies to improve operating performance
- [[:Category:Transit system management] - managerial strategies affecting transit agencies, including fare restructuring and outsourcing.
- Category:Coordination - measures which require significant coordination with external agencies and actors
- Try web-style navigation by starting at one of the featured articles
- Fare reform
- Contracting transit operations
- Streetcar alternatives
- Automated fare media
- California Vanpool Authority
- Value-capture finance
- Category:Reduce dwell time - an example of a category page with content
- External resources
- Check out this Directory of transit agencies in California (from Transit Unlimited)
- Public Transport resources on Wikipedia
- Streetswiki for pedestrian & bike strategies.
Updates for Authors
- 2/14 - Updated Help:Contents to improve guidance for adding or editing content, pages, and categories. Have a question? Ask it on Help talk:Contents.
- 2/13 - Before creating a new page or category, please expand and look at the site trees for Category:Internal strategies and Category:External strategies
- 2/9 - Please work on converting outline the to Wiki form.
- 2/9 - The site is based on the same system as Wikipedia. They have extensive tutorials on how to edit Wiki pages.
Help with the Wiki