|This page still requires some edits, it has been added to Leeor's edit queue|
Conveyal is a consultancy specializing in the transport sector. their primary contribution is in offering services that help analyze, manage, and use open data and open source technology. Conveyal works with governments, transport agencies, and with non-governmental agencies on implementation strategies for various transportation technology options, In their work they attempt to promote sustainable transportation modes and existing technology infrastructure. End user experience is put at the forefront.
Conveyal offers expertise in urban planning, open governance, and information technology, and as well as experience in developing and applying data collection, management, analysis, and visualization tools focused on transport users.
Conveyal creates some software but does not place software development at the center of its work. You can find some of their projects on Conveyal GitHub. Some tools include:
- Transport Analyst - transportation and land use analysis
- Modeify - multimodal transportation information
- GTFS Editor - editing and creating transit data using GTFS
- GTFS Manager - manage GTFS feeds
- Conveyal GitHub Repository https://github.com/conveyal